Dorothy Parker is one of my favorite literary figures. Everyone's heard her famous aphorism, "Men seldom make passes/At girls who wear glasses." Here are some less-known quotations.
- Her performance ran the gamut of emotions from A to B (of Katherine Hepburn)
- If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised.
- You can’t teach an old dogma new tricks.
- Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
- Heterosexuality isn’t normal – it’s just common.
And finally, one of her poems:
I love to have a martini
Two at the very most
After three I’m under the table
After four I’m under the host.