Friday, April 24, 2015

Fiction Friday: How a Manuscript Becomes a Book


Now that I have a finished manuscript, I get asked this question a lot: when is your book going to be published?

This is a simplified version of the publication process. It doesn't include:

  • The agent asking you to revise and resubmit (sometimes multiple times)
  • The editor selling the rest of the publishing house on why they should buy this particular book 
  • and it glosses over the entire production process
It should give you a good idea of how things work, though. I threw in a few statistics I've picked up along the way to give you a sense of the likelihood of success at any given point and some of the factors to consider in choosing whether to go with traditional publication or to self-publish.

I am currently on the second box on this chart: "show to trusted readers." I hope to be at "query an agent" by the end of May.



2 comments:

Tracy said...

You can see why we all want to write books and become rich and uber famous right? LOL It's still cheaper than therapy!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You go girl! :) I will need a signed copy someday when you are rich and famous and do signings all over the country:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails