Monday, April 25, 2011
5 Things I Don't Get
1) Why you always find reams of toilet paper lying on the floor in public restrooms. How much skill does it take to pull out just the amount you need?
2) Why, when blue jeans fade out, they always leave one dark spot.
3) Why that spot is always right at your crotch, so you walk around looking like you have a continence issue.
4) Why they make clothes from soft fabrics like cotton and silk and linen and then destroy all that comfort by sewing in tags that feel like they're constructed from a pineapple rind.
5) Boredom. Back in high school, Ben Campbell, my journalism and English teacher, used to say, "Only boring people get bored. Interesting people do interesting things and keep themselves entertained."
I must have really taken this maxim to heart, because I don't recall the last time I was bored. My usual state is more like a breathless feeling of being behind on twenty-seven different projects and wishing I could find time to take on a twenty-eighth.
How about you?