Sandra Leigh, over at The Amazing Voyages of the Turtle, gave me this award:
I wonder if that's her way of telling me she's a Picasso?
Anyway, along with this award came a meme, 7 Things You Don't Know About Me. If you've been reading the Chronicles for any time at all, I can't imagine there's anything you don't know about me.
So, instead I'm going to share 7 Things That Are Hard To Do.
1) Throwing away dental floss -- If you don't believe me, check behind your bathroom trashcan.
2) Breaking up (duh) -- But seriously, folks, if you know anyone who's going through a breakup, especially as the holidays approach, dig deep into your Santa's bag of compassion and be there for them. Getting divorced, and anything that looks or feels like it, sucks.
3) Folding fitted sheets -- How do they get them into the package so neatly? They are NEVER that way again.
4) Rolling up garden hose -- unless you buy the easy-to-roll-but-doesn't-spray-worth-a-shit kind.
5) Figuring out, from a paint chip, what an entire room will look like after it's painted. Equally hard: spending Thanksgiving weekend priming and painting, only to discover you've brushed and rolled yourself the Red Room from the Amityville Horror. (Seriously -- the dog won't sleep in our bedroom anymore.)
6) Putting on pantyhose -- I hadn't worn pantyhose for a couple of years, until recently. Last week I donned a pair for a luncheon celebrating the fact that my clinic was selected to be the recipient of the parking meter money at The Greene, our local all-weather mall, in January and February, 2010. (Yay!) It took me three tries to finally get the feet positioned so that I didn't wind up with a tourniquet spiraling around the top of my right thigh.
7) Finding notes from the people you actually know on Facebook, amid all crap from the people who asked to be your "friend" and you accepted, figuring, "Sure, what the hell," only to discover that these people have no life, and spend their days doing things with farm animals and filling your inbox with requests for vitual hugs (actually, no), trying to give you goats (absolutely not) and asking you to support their pet causes (maybe, depends on the cause).
Now to pass along this lovely award. I'm choosing (mostly) new bloggy friends whom I'd like to pump for more information.
1) Skyler's Dad from Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through the Leather Straps -- I just love this guy. He's so caring and gentle with his son, but such a GUY despite that. He proves to me that a man can be both nurturing and straight.
2) Corey James aka the Mad Texter - who's "quick-witted, loyal, the consummate diplomat," (his description) occasionally bitchy, and ALWAYS funny (MY description). Go see him. Seriously.
3) TattyTiara -- of AAA1 Quality Blog, Ltd. -- excellent writer and funny lady.
4) Berowne -- from Savage Reflections -- Film-maker, college prof, Shakespeare groupie -- M'sieu Savage fascinates me.
5) Jane!, from Emptying the Nest, who uses her blog as a way to release her angst, thus avoiding mass homicide, which I think shows excellent judgment on her part.
6) Mr. Knucklehead (at, this is tricky, Knucklehead) - a funny, funny guy.
7) CatLadyLarew at How to Become a Cat Lady...Without the Cats -- which, since I'm pretty allergic to cats, seems like a worthwhile thing to know.