Rasin-ets

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Kissed a Vampire


(Credit to ftwapples, who's got an amazing singing voice and several other parodies on YouTube.)

So, if you've been hanging around the Raisin Chronicles at all lately, you know I'm currently obsessed with Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. One thing I don't get, though, is how hot Bella finds it that Edward is so cold. She goes on and on about the excitement of kissing his "cool marble lips."

As a woman who once slept on a waterbed after the heater went out, I can tell you that sleeping with/on something that's a steady room temperature and never warms up is a bone-chilling proposition. And that the flimsy comforter Edward thoughtfully places between them is not going to fix that.

Still, I'm kind of fascinated by the concept of the cool marble lips.

It's been exceptionally warm and sunny here in southern Ohio for the past couple of weeks. Temperatures running above average--60 degrees a couple of days--and, even more shocking, it's been sunny. Generally, it clouds up here sometime in early November and just stays that way until May. In the winter, the Pacific Northwest has nothing on us for gloom.

In fact, it's been so nice that Old Dog was able to get his bike out after work one day last week. What he failed to take into account was how fast the temperature would drop once the sun started to go down. By the time he got home, he was pretty much a dogsicle. As soon as he walked in the door, he kissed me with his ice cold lips.

A light bulb went on over my head. I gave him my most enticing smile.

"Wanna play Edward-and-Bella?"

He turned me down like a duvet cover.

"I don't do my best work when I'm cold." And off he went, in search of a hot shower.

I haven't given up hope, though.

After all, spring riding season is just around the corner.

4 comments:

Chef E said...

I zipped through those books. I don't see the fascination with the movies, but I also felt that way about Ann Rice 'Interview', movie was okay, but loved the books...go figure?

Amelia said...

I'm always freezing my ass off and I think that's the only reason I'm team Edward. I would not be with a cold dude, give me some HEAT!!

Pauline Persing said...

What we do for art!

oceangirl said...

smiles...I pray for spring :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails