Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dale Jr.'s Picks


As I was making up a bowl of my delicious chicken salad from the leftover scraps of the chicken I roasted last Sunday, I noticed a folded love note on top of the mayonnaise jar.

"Look inside for Dale Jr. Family Favorites," it said.

So I peeled it from the lid and checked out what Old Dog's favorite driver loves to eat.

"Chicken Macaroni Casserole"--featuring 1 cup of Hellman's Real Mayonnaise.

"Aunt Cathy's Potato Salad"--also calls for a cup of mayo.

"Mom's Mac & Cheese"--again with the mayonnaise.

"Start Your Appetite Artichoke Dip"--this one's health food--only 3/4 cup of mayo.

At least, it would be health food if it didn't also call for 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (350 calories) and 3 oz. of cream cheese (300 calories), plus a couple of jars of artichoke hearts (420 calories). If you add all that to the mayo, that's a grand total of 2150 calories in this dip.

Maybe, instead of "Start Your Appetite Artichoke Dip," they should call it "Stop Your Heartichoke Dip."

So here's my question for Mr. Earnhart: Do you really eat all that stuff?






And, if so, how do you squeeze your ass through the window to get into your car?




Maybe car racing should be like horse racing, with checks to ensure everyone's evenly weighted....

7 comments:

Blissed-Out Grandma said...

Hah! Those endorsements always make me suspicious. I'll bet he doesn't really eat that stuff.

Chef E said...

hehehehe agreed!

When sis was here, a jar made its way into the fridge, and she ate it all by herself :) and she wonders why her 40'something body has gotten a little chunky on the backside :)

Oh heck, he is probably like my ex eats what ever he wants and never gains a freaking pound, unlike me!

Rachel Cotterill said...

How much do you think they paid him? And do you think we can get a similar deal? ;)

Kim said...

That's pretty gross. I bet his mama's ass wouldn't fit through the window even if his does.

Berowne said...

Go ahead; eat all that Mayo mentioned and you'll wind up in the Mayo Clinic. :-)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Mayonnaise in Mac & Cheese? I don't think so!! That just sounds gross on so many levels.

Amelia said...

I'm kind of a minimal mayo type of girl. I think me and Dale Jr wouldn't have many foods to agree on. UGH.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails