Friday, September 24, 2010

Fiction Friday: What I'd Do For Love


Love of writing, that is.

I once spent a Sunday afternoon in my driveway handcuffed to the steering wheel of my Saturn, trying to figure out how my protagonist could get herself out of that situation.

I have no idea what the neighbors thought, but I'd swear I saw them giving Old Dog some very odd looks afterwards.

(By the way: from the front seat of a '94 Saturn SL1 it's possible to pull down the backseat and access the trunk. So if you happen to have a crowbar in there....)

Note: This post was awarded a Post of the Week medal by The Comedy Goddess.

11 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

That's dedication to creation for ya!

Dedene said...

It'd be pretty hard to escape out the trunk if your hands are cuffed to the steering wheel. Maybe your main character could be a contortionist?

Frogs in my formula said...

You are so awesome. I love that you did that.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You must have really looong arms:)

Brian Miller said...

haha. you rock...i think i would do the same...as much for fun than research...

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

Soaking in the action yourself? A hard but adventurous way!

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

Soaking in the action yourself? A hard but adventurous way!

TechnoBabe said...

Visiting from the Goddess. Congrats on the POTW. This tickled my funny bone just picturing a zealous author staging something she is writing in her book. Amazing. Great post.

Chaka said...

That is funny. I rank that up there with movie stars who undergo a physical transformation to prepare for a movie role. I think we have all had to do some explaining to our neighbors at one time or another to keep them from thinking we are crazy.

Chris@Knucklehead! said...

Give your protagonist a cell phone.

Next question?

SkylersDad said...

So that's your story and you are sticking to it, eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails